[sane-devel] Lineart mode is all skewed up!

Rob Tanner Rob Tanner <rtanner@cheshiresgrin.net>
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:50:45 -0800

--On Sunday, January 05, 2003 02:05:42 AM +0100 Henning Meier-Geinitz
<henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 03:19:03PM -0800, Rob Tanner wrote:
>> The scanner is in HP3300MFP printer/scanner.  I'm afraid my
>> understanding of all the pieces is limited.  The driver is
>> ptal-mlcd.  Is that a generic name, or is that the info you're
>> asking for?  The  sane backends version is 1.0.7-6.1.
>
> I'm not sure if this was the case for sane-backends 1.0.7 but
> nowerdays the HP multi-function devices are supported by the "hpoj"
> backend which is not part of the SANE distribution. Have a look at
> http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml , there is also a mailing
> list.
>
> You can find out which backend you use by running "scanimage -L". The
> part before the first ":" is the name of the backend.

Based on the ouput of "scanimage -L" I am indeed running hpoj.  Is the
lineart issue a backend issue?  If so, do you know of any helpful lists
to which I might post?

Thanks,
Rob