[sane-devel] HP ScanJet IIcx /T --- any hope?

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:00:39 +0100

Hi,

abel deuring schrieb:
> Moritz Angermann wrote:
>
>> o.k. i changed the scsi kernel driver from aic7xxx to aic7xxx_old
>> and did 2 'trys' the first one sane.log.bz2 is with the still active
>> dumb-read option, the secound one withought.

in both cases it failed during receiving image data. Configuring the
scanner was ok. In one case one block of 32KB was received. In the other
case it failed immediately after the scan has started.

> Viewed from the sanei_scsi viewpoint, this looks better; now we get at
> least the SCSI status CHECK CONDITION back from the scanner:
>
> [sanei_scsi] sense buffer: f0 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> [sanei_scsi] target status: 02 host status: 0000 driver status: 0018
> [hp] do_read: Error from scsi_req_wait: Error during device I/O

 From the viewpoint of the backend it must stop here, because
sanei_scsi_req_wait() returned an Error during device I/O.
And I am not familiar with the stuff that is below the backend.

--Peter