[sane-devel] Backend freeze for SANE 1.0.10

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:28:45 +0100

Hi,

Backend freeze for SANE 1.0.10 is active now. So no new backends are
allowed to go into the distribution until 1.0.10 is released.

The timetable looks like this:

2003-01-11: Feature freeze
2003-01-25: Code freeze
2003-02-01: Release

Feature freeze means that only bug fixes and documentation updates are
allowed. After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a
backend completely unusable or break compilation and documentation
updates are accepted.

Please tell me if this is enough time to add any changes that should
go into 1.0.10. I am willing to delay the table, if something hasn't
gone in, e.g. because of the CVS trouble. If it's necessary, please
tell me.

Please also have a look at the TODO list (will be posted later) and
check if your backend is mentioned. There are some (mostly minor)
issues with some backends, description files and manual pages that
have been reported on sane-devel but haven't been fixed until now.