[sane-devel] epson 1250u vs 45-TEST5

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:01:00 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 03:46:59PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 05 January 2003 15:13, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 02:48:18PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Trying out the bt848 option, it captured a blank, 18% grey
> >> screen. (theres no antenna feed to the card at the moment so it
> >> should have been snow, but what do I know, I'm just a broadcast
> >> tv engineer).
> >
> >Usually it's necessary to set up the v4l card by using e.g. xawtv
> >before using it with a SANE frontend.
>
> Thats saying xawtv has to be running I take it?

Fisrt run xawtv and select the channel and other settings you want.
Then close it and call xsanne (or any other frontend).

Some settings can be changed in XSane, but e.g. you can't change the
TV channel yet..

> >Huh? This doesn't look good. You don't have a link /dev/scanner
> >pointing to a SCSi drive? Anyway, the error looks suspicious.
>
> Not to my knowledge.  The only link involving /dev/sda is a link
> from /dev/camera to /dev/sda1, made because my camera, an Olympus
> C-3020, is a vfat file system once the usb cable is plugged in and
> usbfilesystem is loaded.  I finally built it into the kernel cause
> I kept forgetting to load it, with me beating my head trying to
> figure out why it doesn't work this time when it just did last
> week.  "Senior moments" you know.

The dmc backend tries to access /dev/camera and I don't think it
expects to find a disc-like device. Better disable dmc in dll.conf. I
don't think it's realted to your other problems, however.