[sane-devel] sane 1.0.9 crashes

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:56:31 -0500

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 06:16:50PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 05:22:00PM +0100, Per Aalrust wrote:
> > I've produced output with SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=3D255 It's just
> > the part after xscanimage has started and I have clicked the=20
> > resolution slider once for the first error message, but xscanimage
> > was still alive. After a second click in the slider it died with a=20
> > segmentation fault. See below:
> >=20
> > [epson] sane_get_parameters()
> > [epson] max x:0 y:0
> > [epson] param x:d y:0
> > [epson] Preview =3D 0
> > [epson] Resolution =3D 301
> > [epson] get para 0x80b5490 0x80b5b14 tlx 0.000000 tly 0.000000 brx 215.=
899994=20
> > bry 297.179993 [mm]
> >=20
> > Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1163 (gtk_object_ref): assertio=
n=20
> > `object->ref_count > 0' failed.
>=20
> The epson backend maintainer may understand that better, but my
> impression is that xscanimage sets the resolution to 301 but it
> shouldn't. In fact I'm surprised that xscanimage provides a slider at

I thought I could stay out of this :-) Yes, the frontend sets the resolution
to 301 dpi.=20

> all. The epson backend code shows that the backend provides a "word
> list" so, xscanimage shouldn't show a slider but a selection menu.

That's correct, xscanimage should display a selection list. And it does
on my system. I just did a log of a scan with the resolution set to 300dpi
and I see all the right values being sent to the scanner.=20

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc