[sane-devel] Patches for SANE 1.0.9 be/fe compiled on IRIX

Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:01:10 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 07:23:08PM -0600, Peter Fales wrote:
> The patches to backend/Makefile.in and acinclude.m4 seem to work OK, but
> I'll let Henning decide whether to accept those.

I wouldn't use this part of the patches. The reason is that we tried
before to link the backend libraries only to those libraries that are
needed by them but that opens a can of worms. All kinds of
incompatibilities on some platforms that can't link shared objects to
other shared objects and so on. That's why we link every library and
the frontends to every external library.

Maybe we can try again to solve this more intelligently in SANE2 but
currently I wouldn't do that.