[sane-devel] Re: Sane on Ultra Sparc

T. Ribbrock emgaron@gmx.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:18:54 +0100

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 12:38:32PM +0100, abel deuring wrote:
> Forgot one question: This #ifdef disables the usage of the new SG
> interface for all Sparc processors, but we need this only for newer
> ones, with a 64 bit kernel and 32 bit applications. Does anybody know,
> how we could restirct the #ifdef to the this case?

Hm. I know there's __arch64__, but it's only defined if you're
actually *compiling* 64bit, which is not the case here.

How about some detection algorithm in 'configure', maybe based on
"uname -m" ('sparc' on my SS20, 'sparc64' on my U5 and U1)?

Cheerio,

Thomas
      Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org    ICQ#: 15839919