[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:30:15 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:07:49PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>  On checking to make sure of my facts,
> I found the loffOnEnd was 0, and lampOff also at 0.  So I assume my
> file was overwritten at some point by a fresher version.

At least the original sane-backends "make install" does not overwrite
config files. But if you did "make uninstall", they would have been
removed.

> The trim each color set of sliders that you get when clicking on the
> lower left icon was normal at that point.  A rescan then set
> everything to maximum except the gamma sliders, and the formerly 2
> stops too bright preview display dropped about 5 stops in britness,
> with the histograms now showing the raw only covering the leftmost
> 1/3 of that window, and processed only covering the leftmost 2/3rds
> of the display.

I'm not sure if I understand this but are you talking about xsane's
"autoadjsut gamma, brightness and cotrast" feature? That can be
disabled in Preferences-Enhancement->Autocorrect colors.