[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:55:05 -0500

On Saturday 11 January 2003 20:12, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Saturday 11 January 2003 19:30, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:07:49PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>  On checking to make sure of my facts,
>>> I found the loffOnEnd was 0, and lampOff also at 0.  So I
>>> assume my file was overwritten at some point by a fresher
>>> version.
>>
>>At least the original sane-backends "make install" does not
>> overwrite config files. But if you did "make uninstall", they
>> would have been removed.
>
>No, I hadn't.
>
>>> The trim each color set of sliders that you get when clicking
>>> on the lower left icon was normal at that point.  A rescan then
>>> set everything to maximum except the gamma sliders, and the
>>> formerly 2 stops too bright preview display dropped about 5
>>> stops in britness, with the histograms now showing the raw only
>>> covering the leftmost 1/3 of that window, and processed only
>>> covering the leftmost 2/3rds of the display.
>>
>>I'm not sure if I understand this but are you talking about
>> xsane's "autoadjsut gamma, brightness and cotrast" feature? That
>> can be disabled in Preferences-Enhancement->Autocorrect colors.
>
>Thanks, I'll give that a try.

And it does work a whole lot better, even densities are had from
150dpi to 2400 dpi now.

Just one thing about using that preferences menu.  The builtin no
activity timeout shuts it (xsane and company) down in about 30
seconds, making it hard to study the menu's and adjust anything
before xsane goes away.  Can this be reset somehow to say 5
minutes?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M