[sane-devel] mac osx with epson usb backend

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:12:56 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 09:24:33AM -0800, Ricky Charlet wrote:
>   Mac OSX 10.2.3
>   libusb-0.1.7

> BUT!!!!!
> from your advice in the previous post, I replaced my sane-backends with
> the sane-backends-2003-01-11 snapshot. (I did a make uninstall; make
> distclean in sane-backends-1.0.9 and compiled then compiled and
> installed the sane-backends snapshot. )
>
> This has solved my problem I reported in my last post. Yeah! scanimage
> now succeeds in recognizing the existance of my scanner.

Ok.

> But I still can't scan. :-(
>
> I'll insert an output dump of scanimage with SANE_DEBUG_USB=255,
> SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255, SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255.  My read of this dump
> is that there is a libusb call (usb_bulk_read) failing. But what
> confuses me is that during this dump there are some previous points at
> which usb_bulk_read was called and apparently succeeded.
>
> Anyway here is the dump
> =============================

> [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_close: closing device 0
> USB error: error clearing pipe stall

That may be part of the problem. For some reason, the usb_clear_halt
fails.

> [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_open: trying to open device `libusb:-08:005'
> usb_os_open: 04b8:0101

[...]

Again the device is opened.

> usb_bulk_write: endpoint=0x02 size=2 TO=60000
> write completed
> CFLoopRun returned
> [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: wanted 2 bytes, wrote 0 bytes

The write fails. I guess because of the clear_halt failed before.

Try editing sanei/sanei_usb.c. Search for sane_close, there are two
lines with "usb_clear_halt" in this function. Comment them out and
recompile/reinstall. Does it work now?