[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:43:55 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:49:54PM +0100, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
> > > Although the picture quality on the CanoScan 1220 and 1240
> > > is not very good, I think we're on the correct way...
> >
> > Shouldn't the status then be "beta" instead of "stable"? Just a
> > nitpick :-)
>
> Hmpf! Depends on how you classify status? On one hand you're
> right - the scanner is not supported perfectly, on the other hand,
> the backend code is stable so far - so what?

For the backend status I think "alpha" is "works somehow, but may
crash or do unexpected things". "beta": "Works ok but not 100% stable
in all situations".

For the per-scanner status I usually use something like that: "alpha":
is detected and does scan something, but colors may be completeyl off.
"beta": works, but maybe not in all modes or up to the highest
resolution. "stable": everything works.

Usually if I put a comment after the scanner that describes something
that doesn't work it's not stable. But that's only my personal opinion.