[sane-devel] Feature freeze for SANE 1.0.10

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:58:13 -0500

On Monday 13 January 2003 03:38, Klaas Freitag wrote:
>On Sunday 12 January 2003 22:10, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are now in feature freeze for SANE 1.0.10. That means, no
>> more features are allowed to be included in CVS. Bug fixes and
>> documentation updates are allowed, however.
>>
>> Further time table:
>> 2003-01-25: Code freeze
>> 2003-02-01: Release
>
>Hi,
>
>I was notified that Epson released a new frontend, Image Scan! for
> linux. It is limited to Epson devices. The source code
> distribution contains a epson.c and dll-code. Is that the same as
> that in SANE 1.0.10?

No.  Thats for driving the USB based 1250u and 1260u, and possibly
one or 2 others.  I use it here, albeit in a roundabout way. the
gui won't build, but the backend does, so after the gui build
fails, I go ahead and do a make install, and then I get it listed
as a GT-7200 choice when I run xscanimage or xsane.  It works just
fine on my 1250u.

The epson code in the sane-backends package is AFAIK, for the
parallel port or possibly scsi port epsons, but thats a wild guess
on my part, I've never tried to use it here.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M