[sane-devel] No devices available

Barry Kirsten bjkirsten@bigpond.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:14:57 +1100

Hi Henning, Peter and Thomas.

Many thanks for your help with this problem. It turned out that /dev/sg1 had
only root permission which was easily fixed as you suggested. The scanner now
works brilliantly through KDE. There is still the issue of access to X from
the command line, which is not fixed by running xhost, but I will follow that
up locally.

Again, my thanks for your assistance.
Regards,
Barry