[sane-devel] hp5400 serie backend (driver)

Thomas Soumarmon soumarmt@nerim.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:21:51 +0100

Hi all,

A new sourceforge project has been added to centralize the efforts to bui=
ld a=20
HP scanjet 5400 serie backend (driver) for SANE.

The summary of this project is accessible at=20
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp5400backend/

We are looking for any help to analyse the USB logs we will collect with =
those=20
drivers like USB log parsers, etc.. For the moment I wrote a tiny awk scr=
ipt=20
that will be improved shortly. Any help on that point would be appreciate=
d.

The developpment planning is :
* collect USB logs
* write and find USB log parsers for human reading of those huge logs
* understand those logs (Bertrik Sikken has done a great job until now on=
=20
that)
* write a simple testtool able to scan in one resolution, one color depth=
,=20
etc..
* write a more complex testtool enabling settings selection
* integrate that testtool into a sane backend skeleton (test backend ?)

Regards,

Thomas.