[sane-devel] Arcard and mustek

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:46:27 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:27:56AM -0800, alto.iole@earthlink.net wrote:
> I have recently installed a SIIG board with Acard chip set. The board
> works fine with must of the device I have ,like a Python tape, but it
> hung up the OS if I try to use it with sane and my mustek paragon
> 1200III SP scanner. I had tried different options in the
> configuration files without any noticeable result.

There have been reports about acrad driver problems in older kernels
but they seem to have been fixed in recent versions. At least i
haven't heard about Acard problems for quite some time. WHich kernel
version do you use?

If the bug still happens with a current kernel (2.4.20 or 2.4.21-pre3)
you should contact the Linux kernele mailing list with the oops
message (if any).