[sane-devel] Feature freeze for SANE 1.0.10

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:56:48 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:51:30AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> A new version of "Image Scan! for Linux" will be released on January
> 21, 2003 to add support for the GT-9800F (a.k.a. Perfection 3200
> PHOTO).  This package contains a GUI frontend and a modified version
> of the SANE epson backend (originally based on 1.0.3, later updated to
> 1.0.6).  It also includes a proprietary module that is only used with
> EPSON scanners, but I believe "Image Scan! for Linux" is usable with
> other scanners.  It's just that the results may not be as good as they
> probably could be.

Does it make sense to add a .desc file in the external section? So the
epson kowa backend would show up on the SANE webpage as external
backend.

If yes, could you (or someone else) provide a epson-kw.desc (or
whatever name)?