[sane-devel] no scanners found (leo s3 scsi-scanner)

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:17:30 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:56:40PM +0100, axel dammers wrote:
> I am trying to make my old SCSI scanner  Leo S3 work.
>
> "sane-find-scanner" (as root) say's:
>        found SCSI scanner 2LEO LEOScan-S3 1.10" at /dev/scanner
>        found SCSI scanner 2LEO LEOScan-S3 1.10" at /dev/sg0

Shouldn't this be a " instead of the 2?

> "scanimage -d leo:/dev/scanner"  or "scanimage -d leo:/dev/sg0" say's
> (as root):
>       scanimage: open of device leo failed: Invalid argument

Use "SANE_DEBUG_LEO=255 scanimage -L" to get debug output.

> I am using sane-1.0.9-1 with SuSE8.1. This sane-Version should
> supports the scanner.
>
> Permissions on /dev/sg0:     640
> Link:     /dev/scanner  -> /dev/sg0
>
> The contents of /etc/sane.d/leo.conf:
>     scsi ACROSS * Scanner * * * 0
>    /dev/sg0

The Leo backend seems to expect the vendor id "ACCROSS" and no "LEO".
However in the source code, LEO is also detected, so it should work
with the second line.

> Why does scanimage not recognize my scanner and why can't I scan ?

If you can't find out by looking at the debug log, post it here.

> By the way, yast2 from SuSE-Linux don't know the LEO S3, only the
> LEO FS-1130.

Tell SuSE about that :-)

leo is listed in dll.conf?