[sane-devel] Canon630u: scanimage: sane_start: Device busy

Greg Kubaczkowski greg.kubaczkowski@utoronto.ca
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:10:27 -0500

Hi all

I hoping someone has seen a similar problem and found a solution for it.  I
have seen some posting on the subject, but could not find any answers that
would work for me...

I have a RedHat 8.0, sane 1.0.8 (tried with 1.0.9 - same result) and
Canon630u.  The system recognizes my scanner, but scanimage -d
canon630u:/dev/usb/scanner0 results in Device busy error.

At certain point it actually worked!  I used xsane and was able to scan an
image. After reboot I could not get it to work anymore...

Here is some more info:

/etc/sane.d/canon630u:
# Options for the canonusb backend
# Autodetect the Canon CanoScan FB630u
#usb 0x04a9 0x2204
/dev/usb/scanner0
# device list for non-linux-systems (enable if autodetect fails):
#/dev/scanner
#/dev/usb/scanner0

/etc/modules.conf:
alias char-major-81 scanner
options scanner vendor=0x4a9 product=0x2204

sane-find-scanner:
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal
# Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners
# that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that
# is connected to a parallel or proprietary port.

sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x04a9, product = 0x2204) at
device /dev/usb/scanner0
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x04a9, product = 0x2204) at
device /dev/usbscanner0

scanimage -L:
device `canon630u:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a CANON Canoscan FB630U flatbed
scanner

scanimage -d canon630u:/dev/usb/scanner0
scanimage: sane_start: Device busy

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg.