[sane-devel] Off-Topic: 35mm slide printers

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere@teaser.fr
16 Jan 2003 01:00:08 +0100

--=-8RCYnSY8qxzI3pXAmVtU

On mer, 2003-01-15 at 21:44, Rob Tanner wrote:
> I know this is a bit off topic.  I am building a sizable collection of=20
> church art -- some of it simply down loaded off the web and some of it=20
> scanned by me.  I plan to use this material in classes that I teach,=20
> but I like my presentations to be as low-tech as possible (a lot fewer=20
> things can go haywire at the last minute that way) and slides are the=20
> way to go.
>=20
> Can anyone recommend a 35mm slide printer that behaves nice in a Linux=20
> environment?

I'd say: print your pictures on transparency for inkjet printer, on an
inkjet printer (Epson are well supported in Linux with gimp-print +
CUPS) and mount them.
A little bit small probably as the result might not be as good as you
would expect.

Shooting is something that is no longer done because everybody (ie
companies, because that was the market) use video now with... PowerPoint
<grin>

Hub
--=20
Unemployed AbiWord maintainer - Lille, France
http://www.figuiere.net/hub/ - Cell phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11
GPG fingerprint: 6C44 DB3E 0BF3 EAF5 B433  239A 5FEE 05E6 A56E 15A3

--=-8RCYnSY8qxzI3pXAmVtU

--=-8RCYnSY8qxzI3pXAmVtU--