[sane-devel] Coolscan2 IR channel problem

tegbert tegbert@abl.med.utah.edu
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:17:52 -0700 (MST)

I'm having a problem with my Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED in getting scanimage
to do its second scan of IR data.  I'm using sane version 1.0.9 and with
this command line:

   scanimage -d coolscan2:scsi:/dev/sg1 --infrared=yes --batch-count=2

The scan table doesn't move.  I get two files, with the second file being
about one-third the size of the first one and containing gray-scale data,
which is OK.  Unfortunately, the data in both files are just made up of
vertical lines, presumably because the scan table doesn't move.

If I set --infrared=no, the resulting files have good data and, naturally,
are identical.

What do I need to do to get the scanner to give me good primary and IR
scans?

Tim Egbert