[sane-devel] FreeBSD and a Epson Perfection 1260

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:15:29 +0100

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2003 23:16, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_open: opened usb device
> > `libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0' (*dn=3D0) [sanei_usb]

--> this is the correct device name for this system, as open works!?

> I'm not sure if that works, but you could try "/dev/uscanner0" instead
> of "auto".

At least the Plustek backend supports various possibilities to open
or find a supported device...
If the auto-detection is not supported, the tries to read the vendor
and product ID, but if this is not supported and given in the
conf file AND the devicename is correct, the startup-tests should
be passed, so use here:

[usb] 0x04b8 0x011d
device libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0

Hope this works for you here