[sane-devel] Coolscan2 IR channel problem

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:34:30 +0000

> > I'm having a problem with my Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED in getting scanimage
> > to do its second scan of IR data.  I'm using sane version 1.0.9 and with
> > this command line:
> >
> >    scanimage -d coolscan2:scsi:/dev/sg1 --infrared=yes --batch-count=2
> >
> > The scan table doesn't move.  I get two files, with the second file being
> > about one-third the size of the first one and containing gray-scale data,
> > which is OK.  Unfortunately, the data in both files are just made up of
> > vertical lines, presumably because the scan table doesn't move.
>
> Just guessing, does the following work?
>
> scanimage -d coolscan2:scsi:/dev/sg1 >image.pnm
> scanimage -d coolscan2:scsi:/dev/sg1 --infrared=yes >ir.pnm

Ah, didn't realize the original email one went to the list...

No, this won't work because the coolscan2 backend stores the IR
information in memory and only dumps it when you scan a second
time. This can only work if both scans are done within the same
instance of the backend running.

The problem here must be something weird because I've done scans like
that and it worked (although it's on an older scanner).

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/