[sane-devel] Coolscan2 IR channel problem

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:30:07 +0000

> OK, this is what I've done.  In order to rule out scanner hardware
> problems, I installed WindowsME onto a spare computer and tried out the
> scanner with its windows driver and Nikon software with Digital ICE(tm). I
> understand that it is the technology that makes use of the IR data.  It
> worked fine.  The second IR scan was performed and scatch and dust flecks
> were removed as advertised.
>
> I still can't get the scan table to move on Linux, however, and the color
> and IR data are still no good.  Any suggestions on what to do next?

What frontend did you use?

Could you please try this:

  SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN2=255 xsane

Turn IR on and press "scan". Then send me the output.

Use xscanimage instead of xsane isn't installed.

Did you compile SANE from the source code, or did you install a binary
package (RPM or so)?

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net