[sane-devel] gcc warnings: style of line directive is a GCC extension

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:50:41 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 12:00:59PM +0100, Beat Birkhofer wrote:
> Compiling sane on MacOSX (gcc 3.1) I get a lot of warnings 'style of
> line directive is a GCC extension':

Which version of sane? 1.0.10-pre2? The line numbers don't seem to
match. They even point to empty lines(?)

> plustek-usbscan.c:2:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC extension
> plustek-usbscan.c:1330:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC extension
> plustek-usbscan.c:1484:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC extension
> plustek.c:181:3: warning: style of line directive is a GCC extension

I can't reproduce that with gcc 3.0 or gcc 3.2 on i386.

The line directive ("#line ...") is used by gcc internally so i would
call that warning an internal warning. The compiler complains about
its own preprocessor. That warning should go away if you don't use
"-pedantic".

I guess we can simply ignore these warnings.