[sane-devel] Code freeze for SANE 1.0.10

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:33:40 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:01:15 +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>> This -Zmap flag _only_ makes trouble with  artec_eplus48u.
>> I don't know the reason. Should I try to rename the artec_eplus48u source-files
>> and see if it helps?
>
>I have no idea. Have you compiled sane successfully since artec_eplus
>was added?

Yes

>What does -Zmap do?

-Zmap tells the linker to write additional .map files useful for debugging.

>I've added function prototypes for all the code in lib, maybe that's a
>problem?

No, it must be the name, don't ask me why, when I rename all
'artec_eplus48u' to 'artec_eplus' in the backends directory  my linker
now also links with -Zmap flag. Stange.

>> xcam.o: Undefined symbol _pthread_write referenced from text segment
>> xcam.o: Undefined symbol _pthread_write referenced from text segment
>> xcam.o: Undefined symbol _pthread_read referenced from text segment
>Did you change anything concerning your build system (compiler, gtk,
>gdk or glib version)? Is gtk-config found and does gtk-config --libs
>print -lpthreads?

I checked this and then remembered, we allready had this discussion
about a year ago and found the solution in my mail-archive.

Output from original gtk-config is wrong. Adding -lpthreads there is the
right solution

I had reinstalled gtk in the meantime and so this addition got lost.

Bye
Franz