[sane-devel] Re: Microtek 3700 USB and sane 1.0.8 / libusb 1.5

Glenn Ramsey glenn@componic.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:06:40 +1300

Hi Jonathon,

> Message: 12
> From: Jonathan Cowherd <jonathan.cowherd@genscape.com>
> To: "'sane-devel@www.mostang.com'" <sane-devel@www.mostang.com>
> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:00:06 -0500
> Subject: [sane-devel] Microtek 3700 USB and sane 1.0.8 / libusb 1.5
>

>     I've been trying to get my Microtek 3700 to work with SuSE Linux for
> about a year.  It's the only think my wife can point to a say we need
> windows currently.
>
>     I feel like I am closer now that ever.  I added the hotpluggable
> information in /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap:

Your hotplug config info looks OK.

> When I run xsane as a user, I get "'sm3600:1/2' : Error during device I/O ."
> I wish this was more specific.  I talked with Oliver Rauch regarding it and
> he suggested I post to this list.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I get this too, but since I have to use windows for my work I haven't
been using the driver and I also haven't had a chance to try to debug
it. I think it's something to do with libusb. The sm3600 driver was
developed with libusb v1.3b, so you could try using that version and see
if it helps.

Apart from that I can't help much more.

Glenn Ramsey <glenn@componic.com> 07 8683881
http://componic.co.nz            025 2631932