[sane-devel] Microtek Pagewiz

Marcel Pol mpol@gmx.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:00:08 +0200

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:37:56 -0500
Peter Fales <psfales@lucent.com> wrote:

> Anyone know anything about Microtek Pagewiz Color Sheetfed Scanner?
>
> http://www.mir.com/mtek/pport-hints.html makes it sound promising, but
> I wonder if anyone has any direct experience.
>
> They are going for well under $10 on eBay.  I thik it might be handy
> if it worked reasonable well with Linux.

It worked for me, but I haven't used it in about 2 or 3 years.
I needed the ppscsi driver for it, because it connects to the parport with a
scsi over parport chipset. But if you want to, you can use a scsi card as well
to connect it to, you would just need to buy another cable for that.

--
Marcel Pol