[sane-devel] problem in avision scanner

Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:14:57 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 08:44:00PM +0530, priya wrote:
> I m using avision 830C scanner on linux.

Does the scanner work ok otherwise? I'm asking because it's labeled
"untested" in our lists.

> When i open the scanned image after scanning in GIMP it is very dark.
> I dont know how to rectify this.  I m using scanimage command to scan
> the document.

XSane and other graphical frontends provide an easy way to change
brightness and gamma settings. If you want to keep using scanimage,
check if the avision backend provides an option like "brightness" in
the mode you use: scanimage -L. If it doesn't, but has an option
called "gamma-table" you can use that one. To generate the gamma
table, the program "gamma4scanimage" may be helpful.