[sane-devel] problem in avision scanner

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:56:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:14:57 +0200,
    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> =

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 08:44:00PM +0530, priya wrote:
> > I m using avision 830C scanner on linux.
> =

> Does the scanner work ok otherwise? I'm asking because it's labeled
> "untested" in our lists.

Which backend version are you using - I once had such a "wrong scaling
of calibration data" but for some scanner revisions.

Please update to the latest SANE version.

Could you also send me a log (in private) containing the log file of:

SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=3D7 scanimage -L 2> log

?

> > When i open the scanned image after scanning in GIMP it is very dar=
k.
> > I dont know how to rectify this.  I m using scanimage command to sc=
an
> > the document. =

> =

> XSane and other graphical frontends provide an easy way to change
> brightness and gamma settings. If you want to keep using scanimage,
> check if the avision backend provides an option like "brightness" in
> the mode you use: scanimage -L. If it doesn't, but has an option
> called "gamma-table" you can use that one. To generate the gamma
> table, the program "gamma4scanimage" may be helpful.

The backend supports both - but I guess he is running a version with
broken calibration. I'm currently working on the calibration stuff in
this minute anyway because I noticed myself that it has endian issues
on big-endian architectures (e.g. PowerPC, SPARC).

> Bye,
>   Henning

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe