[sane-devel] Xsane startup problems

david stevenson david@rondotheatre.co.uk
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:25:12 +0100

On Thursday 03 July 2003 1:57 am, Farhan Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Mandrake 9.1 on my Athlon system. When I initially installed
> Mandrake, Xsane was configured perfectly automatically and I had no
> problems using my Lexmark X73 flatbed scanner. But then I had to move to a
> new place and so I unhooked my computer and moved it. When I reconnected
> everything, to my utter surprise and dissapointment, I got the following
> error message:
>
> gt68xx] Couldn't open firmware file
> (neither`/usr/share/sane/gt68xx/OSLO3071b2.usb' nor
> `/usr/share/sane/gt68xx/oslo3071b2.usb'): No such file or directory

This means the backend could not find a file it needs to load into your
scanner. You must have had this file installed correctly before for it to
work so I do not know what happened in your move to loose it.
If you can not find it on your system see
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/
for details of where to get it from.