[sane-devel] canon lide 20 + mac os x + usb

Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:57:42 +0200

Hi,

I'm cc'ing the sane-devel list as your information is interesting for
the other developers, too.

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:04:33AM +0200, Tobias Ernst wrote:
> Beat Birkhofer has kindly sent me a patch that changes the plustek backend
> to use threads instead of fork, and also confirmed that the debug level
> thing is a problem in libusb, and not sane.

Ok. Can we see this patch, please? If it were possible to write a more
general thread/fork wrapper, this would be most appreciated. So on
"real" Unix systems fork could be used and on platforms where it's
necessary, threads.

> With the patch the scanner now does what it is supposed to, i.e. it scanes
> the area that I specify, but the resulting picture is just garbage. In
> color mode there is a faint resemblance with the original (though there
> are reddisch vertical stripes), while in the other modes, there is either
> black only, or also garbage (vertical stripes).

No idea about those problems. Maybe the plustek maintainer has seen
that before?