[sane-devel] freebsd parallel port scanner

Alin-Adrian Anton aanton@reversedhell.net
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:36:15 +0300

Hello guys,

I was desperately searching the web, the mailing lists, etc, in order to
find out if it is possible to use sane + freebsd + parallel port scanner.

For my particular case, I have a Color Vivid Page Pro II which is fully
supported by the plustek backened, as stable. They say for parallel port
devices, a special kernel module needs to be installed. But I only found
a linux kernel module, and I need to get it work on FreeBSD.

I will really be thankfull for any help. I MUST use the scanner on freebsd!

Also, if any of you knows a parallel device working on *BSD please tell
me that too. I want to know if I really have to port the linux module.

Best Regards,
Anton Alin-Adrian.