[sane-devel] problem finding scanner through XSANE

Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:55:27 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 07:29:48PM +0530, priyag wrote:
> I m running avision scanners on Red hat Linux 8.0. With scanimage its
> working fine. But when i try to scan through XSANE its not able to
> detect the scanner. I have XSANE version 0.90 installed on my system.
>
> Can anyone tell me what to do??

Maybe you have installed two versions of sane-backends at the same
time but in different directories? E.g. the one from your distribution
and another self-compiled version? Make sure that you have only one
version of the backends at the same time.