[sane-devel] rference palette for Sane

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:58:43 +0200

Stefan Schlörholz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when operating my scanner (Microtek ScanMaker 35t plus (slide scanner))
> under Windows it was possible to scan a Kodak reference slide. Ther was
> a special reference aquiring mode (including selecting the type of
> reference slide).
>
> Somehow this reference was saved and new scans are were corrected
> against this reference slide. The results where much better than using
> Linux Sane. I could not find any hint how to calibrate Sane using such
> a reference scan.
>
> Is it possible to have the same feature as under the Windows application
> (BTW: it was not Sane under Windows)? Can I realize it or does someone
> with more know how needs to do that?

I don't know about any fully integrated color correction solution for
Sane frontends -- but you may have a look at free software for color
management and color corretion. A few links for a start:

Karl-Heinz Kremer's link collection:
http://www.khk.net/color/links.html

color aid:
http://www.coloraid.de/

Especially LCMS and GCMS, mentioned on both sites, may provide what you
need.

Abel