[sane-devel] Development of backend for Genesys GL646 based scanners (e.g. UMAX Astra 4500)

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:29:32 +0200

Hi,

As already mentioned earlier, I've just started working on a backend
for scanners based on the Genesys Logic GL646 chip. There is no code
yet and it will take some time to write it. The homepage of the
backend is:

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/

I'm using a UMAX Astra 4500 scanner so that one is the one that will
be supported at first (hopefully). These scanners are reported to have
the same chip:

Avision iVina FB1600
Genius ColorPage HR7X
Lexmark X83
Medion/Tevion MD6228 + MD5345
Plustek OpticPro S12
Plustek OpticPro S24

As a first step, sane-find-scanner is now able to detect the GL646
chip.

If you have one of these scanners, please run the latest
sane-find-scanner tool as described on the genesys backend homepage.

And/or open the scanner and check the names printed on the chips inside.
This may void your warranty.

If you have a scanner that is not mentioned here and you think it also
uses the GL646 chip, please do the same and contact me.