[sane-devel] Current TODO list

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:10:39 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:54:57PM +0200, Stefan Schlörholz wrote:
> what about general support for .icm profile generation and usgae?

There was some discussion on this list about color management, e.g.:
http://www.mostang.com/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-August/015083.html

> An aquire module for these .icm files using a reference target (Kodak
> Q-60E3 or IT8.7) would be nice so that you can calibrate yout scanner
>
> Maybe together with monitor profile you can aquire an image from the
> scanner and directly get the proper result for your scanner/monitor
> combintion.
>
> Since I have no clue about programming and CVS I have to go through
> email

Well, it looks like it's not important enough for the developers as
nothing has been implemented yet :-)

I personally don't know much about color management and this kind of
calibration. Do we need support for that in the backends and or the
API at all? I thought it's necessary to create the .icm files with
each individual scanner. So e.g. if you have two scanners (exactly
same model) they may vary, because e.g. gain/offset is different
because of slightly different sensitivity of the CCD/CIS.

I'll add an entry in the TODO list but more input would be appreciated.