[sane-devel] Current TODO list

Stefan Schlörholz stefan@schloerholz.de
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:53:51 +0200

gerard klaver schrieb am Montag, 28. Juli 2003 17:54:

Hi Gerald,

> Some idees about different user needs:
>
> The average user only wants a button to select enable/disable use of
> the default profile and the default settings belonging to the
> profile. After that the user can use for example Gimp to check/change
> the scan.
>
> Default profile generated by the manufacturer or backend
> maintainer(or any body else who supplied a profile file with a
> settings file).
>
> The more demanding user wants to select between different profiles
> depending on his scanning object.
>
> The advanced user wants to add his own profiles to the backend and
> use them when he wants and takes the effort to get a reference target
> and use it.

In general I agree, but also the average user should have the
possibility to aquire a profile siince the lamp could age and it is
more convenient to aquire a profile yourself.

Also some scanner manufactureres do not deliver references to save
costs.

Additionally each scanner differs from the other, even within one model
batch.

cu

Stefan