backend status: (was Re:[sane-devel] Current TODO list)

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:33:28 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 07:16:14PM +0200, Thomas Soumarmon wrote:
> in the hp5400.desc file, when I set the backend status to beta, the make gives
> me the following warning :
> [sane-desc] Warning: DEPRECATED backend status `beta': setting status of
> backend `hp5400' to `good'
>
> So i set it to good and then it says to me :
> [sane-desc]   ERROR: unknown status of backend `hp5400': `:good'

That's simple: there is no backend status anymore, only per-scanner
statuses (stati? statii? whatever). So just remove that one.

If you really want to mention that your backend is beta, you can use
tha backend's comment header.