[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 2200 USB weirdness (Repost)

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:51:15 +0200

Hi,

I've no idea about your specific problem but maybe some generic
comments help:

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 01:16:05PM -0500, Matthew wrote:
> From xsane I can "Preview" an image, but when I try to "Scan" an image
> the interface locks up and I start to see the following in the syslog:
>
> Jul 28 10:39:45 scan4 kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> Jul 28 10:40:25 scan4 last message repeated 2 times
> Jul 28 10:41:25 scan4 last message repeated 3 times

Do you have a VIA mainboard chipset?

Is local APIC enabled? Is ACPI enabled? If yes, try disabling both in
your kernel.

> I've tried several combinations of kernel/sane.

Try using libusb instead of the kernel scanner driver (see man
sane-usb). If the problem still occurs I guess it's either a SANE or a
hardware problem.