[sane-devel] Which viewer to use with raw .png file and a .icc profile file

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
29 Jul 2003 12:44:59 +0000

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 14:29, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 01:44:10PM +0000, gerard klaver wrote:
> > I have scanned a raw .png file and made a .icc profile with a reference
> > target (wine, lprof program).
> >
> > The question is what can i do to or which viewer to use to correct the
> > png file with the .icc file?
> >
> > No luck yet with gimp1.3 or imagemagic (display)
>
> I haven't tested that but "man covert" says:
>
>        -profile <filename>
>               add ICM, IPTC, or generic profile  to image
>
> Is .icc == ICM? But maybe it only adds the profile to e.g. a TIFF image.
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

The following line did the trick (program  imagemagick):

convert <filename.png> -profile scanner.icc -profile monitor.icc <new
filename.png>

display <new filename.png>

The view is much better, thanks :-)

--