[sane-devel] Scanner panel buttons

Matthew matthew@mattshouse.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:44:15 -0500

Is there some documentation regarding the use of the "Scan" and other
buttons on the various scanners?  I assume that a standard is not in
place so it would be a scanner-specific hack but I'm interested in
getting the buttons to work.  I took a long look at the scanner kernel
module and I see that there is basically no interface built.  There's a
front panel buffer allocated but it's never used except as a
placeholder.  So maybe a little info about what the scanner does when a
button is pressed before I start sniffing the USB communication?

Matthew