[sane-devel] Scanner panel buttons

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
29 Jul 2003 17:36:02 +0000

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 14:44, Matthew wrote:
> Is there some documentation regarding the use of the "Scan" and other
> buttons on the various scanners?  I assume that a standard is not in
> place so it would be a scanner-specific hack but I'm interested in
> getting the buttons to work.  I took a long look at the scanner kernel
> module and I see that there is basically no interface built.  There's a
> front panel buffer allocated but it's never used except as a
> placeholder.  So maybe a little info about what the scanner does when a
> button is pressed before I start sniffing the USB communication?
>
> Matthew

No expert, but user of the epson backend, if you check the epson backend
source a button function is present.

When using xsane -> view -> advanced options there is a "wait for
button" when enabled you have to press a button on the scanner.
For me (epson 1660 photo has four buttons) i push on the "start" button
or the "scan to email" the scanner starts.
--
m.vr.gr.