[sane-devel] Page size on Xsane

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:36:40 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:41:47PM -0500, Roger O Wales wrote:
> Question: Now that I have an Epson 1260 with a recognizable backend, how
> can I set the scanner size to 8" x 10"?  Right now, I have a 4" x 2" and
> I saw no size configuration options in the front ends that I saw.  HELP!

You mean that the maximun size of the scan area is only 4" x 2"? I'd
be very surprised if that was true, because the 1260 seems to be used
very often with the Epson backend. Which version of SANE do you use
(scanimage --version)? Do you use the epson backend that came with the
SANE distribution or the Epson-Kowa backend?

If it's just a problem of not finding the geometry options: With
XSane, you can select the size of the image in the preview window.
Either by selecting the scan area with the mouse cursor or by
selecting one of the predefined sizes. Or you can use the geometry
sliders (Top left and so on).

With scanimage, the options should look similar to these:

  Geometry:
    -l 0..217mm [0]
        Top-left x position of scan area.
    -t 0..299mm [0]
        Top-left y position of scan area.
    -x 0..217mm [217]
        Width of scan-area.
    -y 0..299mm [299]
        Height of scan-area.

If it's not just a problem of not finding the geometry options, can
you please show us the output of:

scanimage --help

and

SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 scanimage -L