[sane-devel] How to scan color images in UMAX 2000p

stef stef-listes at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 15 07:51:50 BST 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:02:05PM +0530, aneesh m raj wrote:
> Hi all,
> How can I scan color images using scanimage. I couldnt find any options.
> Thanks
> Aneesh

	Hello,

	you can get all available options with (this isnot specific to umax_pp
backend):
scanimage -d dev -h

	with 'dev' the device name given by 'scanimage -L'. With my settings,
it is umax_pp:/dev/parport0, so 'scanimage -d umax_pp:/dev/parport0 -h' gives
you all the scanning options of the umax_pp backend.

	Finally, the one you wanted is Color:
	--mode Lineart|Grayscale|Color [Grayscale]
	    Selects the scan mode (e.g., lineart,monochrome, or color).

Regards,
	Stef