[sane-devel] Canon Lide 30 backend

Michael Rasile keeper@neo.rr.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:49:00 +0000

Greetings!
Am trying to get my USB canon Lide 30 scanner to work under Gentoo. USB has been compiled into the kernel and when I do sane-find-scanner, the scanner is found. However, when I do scanimage -L the scanner is not found and therefore I am unable to use xsane. I was wondering what backend I should be using for this scannerand how should this be setup in /etc/sane.d/ I have tried everything, editing the canon.conf and the plustek.conf. I know the scanner works because when I was using Mandrake 9.1 I didn't have a problem setting it up. I would like to continue to use it under Gentoo. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I've read a great deal about this, but nothing seems to help.  Thanks for anything.

--
Regards,
Mike