[sane-devel] compile 1.0.12 on OS/2

Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:09:34 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:20:04PM +0200, Franz Bakan wrote:
> >USB isn't supported?
>
> There is some support.

Thanks for the information. I'll add links and update the list.

> >What about
> >dynamic loading of shared libraries?
>
> I don't know, I don't exactly know what this means.
>
> Can DLLs (_dynamic_ linked libraries) be loaded _static_?

The dll backend can either load other backends dynamically (on demand)
or all the backends are linked into sane-dll (preloading).

Last but not least sane-dll can be linked statically to the frontends
(inclusing all the preloaded backends).

> On OS/2 we have just one (big) libsane.dll that contains all backends-code
> and works together with (small) scanimage.exe xscanimage.exe xsane.exe etc.

That's shared but not dynamic.