[sane-devel] Canon Lide 30 backend

Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:17:53 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 09:49:00AM +0000, Michael Rasile wrote:
> Am trying to get my USB canon Lide 30 scanner to work under Gentoo.

The Lide 30 is supported by the plustek backend.

> USB has been compiled into the kernel and when I do
> sane-find-scanner, the scanner is found. However, when I do scanimage
> -L the scanner is not found and therefore I am unable to use xsane.

Try "SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 scanimage -L" to find out what's wrong.

> was wondering what backend I should be using for this scannerand how
> should this be setup in /etc/sane.d/

The plustek backend is the right one. You can find out about which
scanner is supported by which backend by using the scanner search
engine: http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/driver.pl

The setup of the config file is explained in man sane-plustek. But
ususally this should work without manual intervention. Also check that
"plustek" is in dll.conf.