[sane-devel] messed up HP6350 USB Scanje config?

Reid Vail rsv869@adelphia.net
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:53:02 -0400

About six months ago Peter gave me some advice about my HP6350c
scanner.  It fixed my issue and got it working.  (I included that
exchange at the bottom of this message).  Recently I upgraded my Suse
box to Suse 8.2 and it's not working again.  I dug out the mail and
checked the config.  Looks OK to me, and I included a few scraps.   I've
included the output from sane-find-scanner.  The permissions also look
OK, too, I think.  Any suggestions would be great.

thx

Reid

reid@linux:~>sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0601) at libusb:001:002
  # A USB device was detected. This program can't be sure if it's really
  # a scanner. If it is your scanner, it may or may not be supported by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
can't be
  # detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.

reid@linux:/etc/sane.d> ls -l hp.conf
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          480 2003-06-05 21:14 hp.conf

reid@linux:~> ls -l /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root          448 2002-12-18 00:16
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf

dll.conf
.
.
# dc210
# dc240
# dc25
# dll
# dmc
# epson
hp
# fujitsu
# leo
# microtek
# microtek2
# mustek_usb
# mustek
# matsushita
.
.

reid@linux:/etc/sane.d> more hp.conf
#scsi HP
# Uncomment the following if you have "Error during device I/O" on SCSI
#   option dumb-read
#
# The usual place for a SCSI-scanner on Linux
#
# USB-scanners supported by the hp-backend
# HP ScanJet 4100C
usb 0x03f0 0x0101
# HP ScanJet 5200C
usb 0x03f0 0x0401
# HP ScanJet 62X0C
usb 0x03f0 0x0201
# HP ScanJet 63X0C
usb 0x03f0 0x0601
#
# Uncomment the following if your scanner is connected by USB,
# but you are not using libusb
/dev/usb/scanner
  option connect-device
reid@linux:/etc/sane.d>