[sane-devel] Timeouts with UHCI and gt68xx based scanners in sane-backends 1.0.12

Michael Fleming mfleming@michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 21:16:05 +1000

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 08:31:52PM +0200, Christoph Bier waffled thusly:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some people reported kernel USB timeouts with their gt68xx based
> > scanners, e.g. Plustek 1247 or Mustek BearPaw series. This seems to be
> > caused by the check if the firmware is already loaded in the gt68xx
> > backend. I've disabled this check for now.
> >
> > If you encounter this problem, get the latest backend (at least
> > 1.0-47) or an unofficial snapshot from
> > http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/ .
>
> Hi,
>
> now my scanner at home works again :-)! But
> only with the scanner module. Thank you very
> much for the workaround!!

I can confirm it now works with my Genius ColorPage Vivid 3XE (USB)
using libusb 0.1.6 and sane-backends 1.0.12 (on Redhat 9, hand-rolled
RPM, current RH errata kernel)

(This is the first time I've actually got this scanner working under
Linux - the Windows scanning app supplied is horrible, sane/xsane are
streets ahead. Thanks again!)

> Many greetings,
>
> Christoph

Cheers,
Michael Fleming.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming@michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"