[sane-devel] Timeouts with UHCI and gt68xx based scanners in sane-backends 1.0.12

Michael Fleming mfleming@michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:21:30 +1000

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 01:46:56PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz waffled thusly:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 09:16:05PM +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:
> > I can confirm it now works with my Genius ColorPage Vivid 3XE (USB)
> > using libusb 0.1.6 and sane-backends 1.0.12 (on Redhat 9, hand-rolled
> > RPM, current RH errata kernel)
>
> Thanks for the report. Any problems in color mode? There is a comment
> "Mostly works. Color problems?" on my list for this scanner, but I
> don't know if it's still valid.

Thanks Henning,

I've only run a few samples so far but I've not noted any issues with
the scan result's colours.

I'll run a few more over the course of the weekend and followup if I
note anything interesting or unusual.

My test scan is at
http://www.michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au/carla2.tif (~130K)  if you
want a look. ( It's a cover shot my girlfriend's sister did for a local
magazine)

If I can, I'll have one of my artist friends give me a better idea re:
colour precision - I'm a *little* red/green colourblind which might skew
my judgement a little.

> Bye,
>   Henning

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming@michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"